Monday, July 28, 2008

Using Technique Tiles from Technique Tuesday


Technique Tuesday has some fun tiles that you can ink, paint, and decorate. They come in a cream-color so that you can decorate them. To make the project on the right,


1. Use the direct-to-paper technique to add color to the puzzle pieces. Just put your ink pad directly onto the piece and rub color until you get the desired look. I used Colorbox Fluid Chalk cat's eye ink pads (I think I used Lime Pastel and Azurite). I decided to alternate colors.


2. Instead of using all of the puzzle pieces, I decided to leave out the 4 pieces in the middle, and instead, I put a verse in the middle, printed from my printer. I can use the other 4 pieces on another project.


3. Next, I selected rub-ons and randomly placed them on various puzzle pieces.
This technique tile fits on a 12" x 12" scrapbook page, however, you can choose to use 1 or 2 pieces to make a card. The tiles also come in sizes for cards. To find more styles of Technique Tiles, visit my web site at http://www.injoystamps.com/

No comments: